A dispute can be raised if:
- 1Your personal information such as name, date of birth, pan number or residential address is not entered correctly.
- Your account information containing data such as previous loan status, date of last payment, outstanding amount and other such details can be questioned.
- Your personal information does not match with your account information.
- In case your account is reflecting more than once.
Before you raise a dispute, ensure that you are confident that an error has been made in your report. Now, let us have a look at the general process followed to solve a cibil related dispute.
- Step 1 Raise a dispute by applying in the official website.
- Step 2 Make a note of the reference number mentioned in your application form.
- Step 3 Depending on the type of dispute, action is taken. i.e. If required, a lending institution mentioned in your report, may be contacted for clarification.
- Step 4 Once the request has been placed, the lending institution indicates whether the dispute made is valid or invalid. Depending on which the necessary changes are made to the original data.
- Step 5 The changes are incorporated by cibil and a new report is issued and the customer is updated.