Credit repair software is an option for those who prefer a do-it-yourself approach. These five tips will help those who are looking to use the software to repair their credit.
- Choose a credit repair software program that is affordable and does not have any hidden fees. There are plenty of programs that offer free services in the beginning and then exorbitant rates are charged every month. A program that charges one flat rate is ideal.
- Use the software to write letters to creditors that have reported inaccurate information. Things like late payments, inaccurate balances or judgments can all be disputed if a company has misreported the information to a credit bureau and negatively impacted a credit report.
- Research the results of other people who have used the software. Be wary of claims that sound too good to be true. One way to determine whether a company is legitimate is by checking out the website. A website that is filled with claims of overnight results or filled with articles that are full of grammar and spelling mistakes are often a sign of a fly-by-night company.
- Credit repair software that offers a money back guarantee is always a better option. It is important a person gets their money’s worth especially when debt is an issue. If a creditor refuses to cooperate, a guarantee means a person will get help with disputes.
- While repairing credit, a person will need to make an effort to pay down any existing balances. Even if a line of credit is paid off, it should be left open. This actually helps improve a credit score and shows a person’s ability to pay off balances. During the repair process, avoid opening any new lines of credit.